The Asian giant smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi Inc. has launched Mi Drop some time ago. This app is designed to transfer data from Android to Android and Windows to Android vice versa. Mi Drop is included in top 10 file transfer apps for Android according to all popular technology blogs. If we talk about Mi drop for Android only it is downloaded over 100 million times. Mi Drop for PC is also famous like Xender for PC and Shareit for PC. In this tutorial, we will also discuss Mi Drop features, usage. Get answers to queries “how to transfer files from Android to PC using Mi Drop?” and “How to install Mi Drop for PC?”
Table of Contents
Only Ad-less File Transfer app:
Ads are the source of income for app developers. Probably all file transfer apps contain Ads in them. Mi Drop is the only app which doesn’t run ads. This app is made for users ease purely. At this point, Mi Drop is superior to Shareit and Xender. That’s why people love to use Mi Drop for PC and Android.
Mi Drop is the owner of many distinguished features. It is the peer-to-peer file sharing app, Xiaomi intention was to facilitate its smartphone users but this app became beneficial to other brands smartphone users too. Get rid of slow means of data transferring and install Mi Drop on PC or Android right now. It transfers GBs of data in few minutes. Users don’t need to use USB Cables to connect Xiamo with PC, same WiFi network will be enough.
- Mi Drop supports probably all formats in Videos, Audios, Images, and document.
- Don’t need any internet connection, this app works effortlessly without WiFi and mobile data.
- Transferring speed of Mi Drop is Flash alike. 200 times faster than Bluetooth.
- Simple, neat & clean, user-friendly interface.
- In case if data moving gets interrupted during transfer, just tap one time. Transferring will start again from the same spot rather than starting over again.
- No file size limitations, Mi Drop can deal with GBs of data in a single attempt.
Is Mi Drop available for PC:
Mi Drop is not available on Windows, Mac and Linux Laptops / Desktops. There is no news of launching Mi Drop for PC till now. Users who want Mi Drop app in PC require the assistance of App installer. That’s our main topic today. Use any Android emulator on laptop or Desktop to download Mi Drop for PC. By the way, we have listed the best Android Emulators for Windows and Mac. Check and select any of these.
|Warning:||Some platforms on the internet may trap users by showing Mi Drop for pc exe or Mi Drop for pc software download files. We have already told you clearly, there is no official version of Mi Drop for PC.|
How to Send Files From Android to PC and Vice Versa using Mi Drop:
Unfortunately, there is no dedicated version of Mi Drop for Windows. This app transfer files from PC to Android and vice versa using FTP. The requirement is both smartphone and PC should connect with the same WiFi network. Here’s how to use it.
- Install Mi Drop on your Android device.
(If you have Xiami device running EMUI 9 or above than MiDrop will already present in stock apps.)
- Connect the Android device and PC with same WiFi Network.
(Without this step it is impossible to connect both devices.)
- Open Mi Drop app, tap on the three dotted icons.
- Select connect to computer option and after it, tap on the start button.
- Mi Drop will ask you storage option SD Card or Internal memory. Select the desired storage place where the targeted file is present.
- The app will give an FTP Address, paste that address in the windows explorer in My Computer (This PC).
- Now the phone is connected to the computer successfully.
Freely transfer files between Android and PC now. In such a way, you don’t need to download Mi Drop for PC. Some users are demanding a proper Mi Drop app PC version.
How to Download Mi Drop for PC:
- You will require an Android Emulator in order to install Android Apps on your PC. We will suggest BlueStacks, it is running the latest Android Version and every now and then they release new updates. Click Here to download BlueStacks.
Download Mi Drop APK:
- You can directly install Mi Drop from Google Play on BlueStacks but sometimes it doesn’t work. In order to make sure you get to install Mi Drop on your PC. We would suggest you should try installing Mi Drop on your PC using the APK method. For that, you will require Mi Drop APK on your PC.
Install Mi Drop on PC using APK:
- Now that you have both, Launch BlueStacks on your PC. Click on the Install APK button located at the bottom right side of the screen and select the APK that you have downloaded in the second step. Click on Open to start the installation process.
Once the Mi Drop is installed on your PC. You can access it from BlueStacks My Apps tab. That’s all.